3/22/11

Play with your food!


I know, it does seem contrary. But we've always allowed Little Berry to make her own food choices, and as an almost three year old, I can tell you it has payed off. If she's hungry, she tells us what she wants. If it's mealtime, we serve whatever we are having, and she eats what she wants, (and this girl EATS). So, today while I was cooking her some corn and prepping dinner, she was finger painting, I handed her a piece of corn cobb to play with and this is what she did with it.

It was genuinely one of the best times she's had in ages.


The mushroom was definitely her favorite, and the carrot she used like a pencil or to roll. I love the prints that resulted and would love to do something like a piece of paper pizza, print on tee shirts or cards for friends. They're fun and pretty, too.

It doesn't hurt that it kept her busy for a full thirty minutes while I prepped dinner, either :)




What veggies would your kids enjoy painting with?

*no vegetables were harmed in the making of this blog post. **by harmed I mean we didn't eat them after they were covered in paint.

3 comments:

  1. happy memories of making veggie prints with my kids and when I was little with my mom. love the corn. it made a pretty pattern and then the corn is so decorated with paint it looks like Indian corn.
    We used potatoes and cut them into shapes. This is more creative to use the odd vegetable and it's own shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of playing with your food and using them as art tools! I am a bit of a neat freak, but I can't wait to try this with my daughter! The art looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I am always looking for creative ways to keep my little one entertained while I'm cooking dinner, and this might have to be an option soon!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it!